The Myles and Ruth Munroe Foundation is grateful for your support and patronage over the past year. We would like to thank you for your donations and your encouragement as we seek to fulfill the mission and vision of our organization. As a donor, you are a vital part of our success, because of this, we would like to share with you how you helped to impact lives in 2019.
WHAT WE ACCOMPLISHED IN 2019
In September 2019, Hurricane Dorian passed through The Bahamas changing the landscape and lives of Bahamians forever. This catastrophic hurricane left hundreds of Bahamians on the islands Grand Bahama and the Abacos, homeless. In response, The Myles & Ruth Munroe Foundation created the Housing Initiative to assist displaced families and individuals. To date, we have been able to help house twenty-five (25) displaced families for a period of three to six months, which puts us half-way towards our goal of assisting 50 families with housing.
Other post-Hurricane Dorian initiatives undertaken by the MRM Foundation included:
- The organization and shipment of food, clothing, cleaning supplies and other basic necessities to Grand Bahama and New Providence.
- We partnered with Melissa Ellis, Founder and Director of Life Beyond Water to provide portable drinking filters that have the ability to clean 250 gallons of water per day. We donated 100 water filters to Bahamas Faith Ministries International Freeport for disbursement to individuals and families affected by Hurricane Dorian.
- We identified two Children’s Home’s in New Providence that has taken in children from Abaco and Freeport and have begun to provide them with food, basic supplies, and additional support to meet their new need. This will be done on a monthly basis for a year.
While our responsibilities and initiatives grew in 2019, we were still committed to supporting and carrying out our yearly activities.
- The MRM Annual Back-to-School event which saw the Foundation provide over 300 backpacks filled with school supplies for a select group of kids. The groups included Second Chance organization, The Simpson Penn Boys II Men, P31 Group of Bahamas Faith Ministries and the Bahamas Children Emergency Hostel. In addition to receiving school supplies, the students were treated to food & drinks as well as team-building games and activities.
- Through our partnership with the Miss Bahamas Organization, we provided Rotalya Williams with a financial scholarship of $2500 towards her educational studies. She was the recipient of the 2019 Myles Munroe Beauty With A Purpose Award.
- The MRM Foundation hosted its annual Christmas party for the children and staff of the Bahamas Children’s Emergency Hostel. The Foundation partnered with Life Beyond Water and Just 4 Kids to provide gifts for 50 children that live at the hostel. In addition, we donated to the BCEH to further assist in its operation.
In 2020, The Myles & Ruth Munroe Foundation is committed to doing even more. We intend to further execute our Foundations purpose, “to extend, amplify and represent the heart, works, and voice of Dr. Myles and Ruth Munroe on social and socioeconomic issues.”
With your continued donations and support, you make it possible for The Myles and Ruth Munroe Foundation to incessantly exist and live out it’s intended purpose.
We are making a difference and impacting the lives of so many in The Bahamas and around the world and for that, we say thank you. Without your generosity, this would not be possible. We look forward to your continued support in 2020 and beyond.